Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rodarte in my heart

Woke up this morning with rodarte in my heart and a song on my lips. And that song went something like: "lalalala does today seem like a good day to cut tuck fold and in all ways beautify that old lemon chiffon dress of mine so that it looks like something from the rodarte '08 collection? why yes, yes it does." Of course, my little DIY version doesn't look half as stunning as Keira Knightley's peachy confection, but at least it didn't set me back a couple thousand.
The original dress.
Plus some crafty cutouts.
The final version! I feel not just a little bit like one of Degas' ballerinas.
Now if I just had some killer spike heels to go with it...



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with the dress - it looks brilliant. Perfect for twirling around in I say :D

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job!

Richel said...

I love this diy project of yours!

Kristina said...

Wow... I'm impressed. I do a lot of remodeling of my own stuff, but mostly jeans and T shirts, I don't think I'd dare to try and change a dress, would probably destroy it... Still, this is great. It's beautiful now;)

Z said...

Wow, great job... love the dress!!

p.s. I linked you <3

Isabel said...

Yessss, it totally reminds me of Degas. Thanks for the link, I'll link you back!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

great job!

please check out my blog, http://la-couturier.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

*sigh* gorgeous!